Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Lots of wind.........



Nice warm weekend actually it was down right HOT, just the way I like it. We have moved from the Wharf to B dock because of lack of water. The dock is very narrow and it is a float dock. When we pull in or push off it is a challenge for me with the height different from dock to deck and I have long legs. On Sunday the wind picked up to about 15 knots and our very old friend Rob, meaning we have known him forever came up to go sailing with us. It was a fun day and we let Rob be at the helm all day, oh ya we forgot to tell him we do that to all that come to visit….. I hope he had a good time because he was awful quiet… Our new friends from the wharf Mark and Vicky came out with us, so all Vicky and I did was talk and laugh about things the whole time. It was a great sail.

We decided to stay Sunday night because Ike was to pass over us late that night and into morning. Jon and I were on B dock, Dick and Ann were on A dock and Mark and Vicky were on the Wharf. I don’t think any of us got to much sleep that night. Lines on boats were breaking and wave tenders were washing up on the wall and under boats. The wind was clocked at over 50 knots around 3 AM by Jon and not sure what they were gusting to. Go into our photo album and there is an album "Ike" it only has short videos in the dark but you can hear the wind and see sara's hair moving. We fared well except a minor rip in the Bimini which I will repair this week when I finish our enclosure.

No comments: