Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Boyz go Sailing


Jon decided to take our future (This Saturday) son-in law sailing Wednesday the 15th and one of the groomsmen. The wind was blowing over 30 most of the day and made for a roller coaster of a ride. They say they had a great time and that all my ginger cookies are gone….. It sounds like they may have been sick once or twice but didn’t want to give in.
Jon was saying that no one else was out on the lake and on the radio there were a few pan-pans and a mayday. (I think I would have thought twice if I was out three days before my wedding with my future Father-in law)…..
When they arrived back at the dock one of the guys that works at the marina told Jon thye looked good when he could see them between the swells….
Morley was away in Canada for the last week and Jon could see him returning through the channel as they were leaving. Now that must have been one heck of a ride across the lake in his small (I think 23ft) sailboat with no motor. “What a sailor”.

No comments: